When to approach to A New Ray...
Why mental health matters?
- According to WHO,10-20% of children and adolescents experience psychiatric disorders. Half of all these disorders begin by the age of 14 and three-quarters by mid-20s. Ignoring these conditions would adversely influence children's development, their educational attainments and their overall performance. Early recognition and intervention are of utmost importance.
Who is the target population?
Children and adolescents of age range 3-18 years
The following warning signs would be helpful in seeking professional help
- * Delay in milestones
- * Staying aloof/withdrawn
- * Difficulty in completing task in hand
- * Trying to harm self or making plans to do so or reporting wish to die
- * Expressing fear without reason
- * Anger or aggression
- * Change in eating pattern or change in sleep pattern
- * Sudden change in behavior or personality
- * School refusal or a sudden decline in academics
- * Use of drugs or alcohol