Psychological Assessments at A New Ray...
Cognitive assessments are formal assessments to test the child's intelligence and abilities in the domains of verbal and non-verbal skills, memory and speed of processing information. These assessments are usually paper pencil tests that involve a number of different tasks such as puzzles, answering questions and remembering certain things.
The cognitive assessment is carried out by a qualified and licensed clinical psychologist, or a trainee clinical psychologist under the supervision of a qualified member of staff.
Need of referral for a cognitive assessment?
Children might be referred because of concerns regarding:.
- * School performance
- * Language disorder or learning difficulties.
- * Memory or attention disturbances.
How might a cognitive assessment be helpful to you and your child?
- * To give you an idea of your child's learning strengths and weaknesses.
- * Recommendations or advice can be given on how to support areas of weakness.
- * Establish giftedness
- * It may also help you in selecting a school placement that would best meet your child's needs